Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BRGR Now Using LaFrieda Ground Beef


The great burgers at Chelsea burger joint brgr just got better. On one of my frequent visits to this slick-but-comfortable burger counter, I struck up a conversation with a managerial type named Cam(?). I discovered that in fact the restaurant is no longer getting their patties from way-out-west. Cam explained that the supplier could not handle the demand and went out of business. I do recall that just before Chris Russell (brgr's creator) disappeared he had me sample a burger made from a 'local purveyor'. The now-famous Pat LaFrieda burger blend (employed in some configuration by Shake Shack and the Spotted Pig) is in full swing at brgr. Go local. Nice job brgr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, where is Chris Russell?

Hamburger America said...

You know, I asked Cam that exact question and his reply was, "I don't know." If you find out, let me know