Friday, March 28, 2008

Hamburger America at the Florida Film Festival

Hamburger America the film will be on the big screen at the Florida Film Festival this Saturday. If you find yourself in mid-Florida, perhaps on a visit to Disney World, come on over to the screening. It'll be at 11am at the Enzian Theater in Maitland, FL (Orlando) and is screening with "This Is My Cheesesteak". I'll be there to answer questions about the film, but my real motive for going is to push the book. That picture above is me filming the grease at Dyer's in Memphis. Can you believe they left me alone with the 90 year-old grease?

3 comments:

doreen said...

I saw the film yesterday, and it was not only wonderful, but inspiring! Per your comment that you made about making the Guberburger at home, I had a bit of a lightbulb go off in my head. Later that night, I made a reinterpreted Guberburger, using a tomato-basil veggie burger patty (I'm vegetarain), lettuce, fresh basil, bean sprouts, a squeeze of lime and, of course, peanut butter.

And it was great! Although it isn't quite the same thing, I'm in debt to the Guberburger concept and to your film! Thank you so much. I'm excited for the book; I'll be mentioning it on my own blog.

Hamburger America said...

Excellent! Not my kind of burger but glad you went home and did some experimenting. Now you need to get your hands on some authentic green chiles from New Mexico...

Unknown said...

Went to Dyer's in Memphis tonight and I think it's lost it's shine since you filmed there years ago. The burger was definitely interestingly greasy and had a unique taste but the service and fries really left something to be desired.

I wish they had the pride and attitude found at the Bobcat Bite.