Monday, December 17, 2007

Where is Chris Russell from brgr?


I stopped into one of my favorite NYC burger counters today, brgr on 7th Ave across from F.I.T.. I've known for some time now that Chris Russell, the brains behind this high-quality burger spot, is gone. "He was fired," a girl at the register told me flippantly. When I asked her where he went her response was, "I don't know, but if you find him, tell him we miss him." I don't really care about the details of his departure or the corporate suits that tossed him out. I am curious however about his next move because you know he's dreaming up something good. His attention to detail at brgr was incredible - from the Ronnybrook Farms milk for the shakes to the fresh (never frozen) naturally raised beef patties from Montana cattle. It would be a waste if he did nothing. Cross your fingers and hope for another burger venture.

No comments: