Sunday, April 27, 2008

20th Annual Fried Onion Burger Day Festival



The first stop on the Hamburger America book tour will be the El Reno, Oklahoma Burger Day Festival on May 3rd. I used the tour as an excuse to get back to one of my favorite burger meccas and eat my share of onion-fried burgers from Sid's, Johnnie's, and Robert's. All three burger joints are within a block of each other and will have lines a mile long at next weekend's burger bash. The festival is huge and promises a classic car show, live music, a burger eating contest, clowns, magicians, rides, a craft show, burgers, and me. That's right, the festival is setting up a booth for me to pen beefy burger blessings in my new book and I'm told the booth is across from the mechanical bull and very close to the Big Burger (check out the map). Every year the festival cooks a 750 pound onion-fried burger that's over 8 feet wide. Don't worry, I'll take pictures.

No comments: