Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Burger Garage is Open!


The Burger Garage opened for lunch this week and I was there. Not just because the burgers are great but also because the 2 dudes behind Burger Garage are childhood friends of mine. Jim and Adam Pileski have a family restaurant pedigree (The Palm) so there was no question that they were going to get it right. Jim has been talking about opening a burger concept in LIC for years and it has finally, actually happened. And it is goood.

The patties, cooked on a flattop, are from LaFrieda, the ice cream for the shakes is from one of my faves Max 'N Mina's in Flushing, and the buns are buttered, toasted white squishies. I had a double (2- 4oz patties) with American cheese and sauteed onions. Melt in your mouth good. I want more good.

They've been open for lunch now only 3 days and I hit the end of the lunch rush (fortunately). "We had a line out the door, around the block on Monday," Jim told me. They can handle it though, and my order came quick.

Finally, a burger to compete with that other burger in LIC - the Motz Burger at Water Taxi Beach!